Canada's Largest Hackathon - University of Waterloo
Welcome to Hack the North, the Canada's Largest Hackathon! We hope you're as excited as we are for an awesome weekend! After the Friday night kickoff, all teams are allowed to begin working on their apps. Once your app is complete, we ask that you produce a video demo of your app and post it on Youtube or Vimeo. You can then submit your app and accompanying video using the above Submissions tab (which will appear after you hit the Register button). All submissions must be in by 9:30 AM Sunday morning (Sept 20).
Hack the North (Fall 2014) can be found at hackthenorth.challengepost.com
- Teams can have a maximum of 4 members
- All members must be physically present at Hack the North
- All members of the team must have been accepted by the signup process
- You will be asked to disclose your project's source code in order to receive a prize (We recommend using github to commit all your code changes)
- Platforms (iOS, Android, Web / Mobile Web, Mac, Windows, Hardware)
- Must include both submission description, images and video demo
- Must select which sponsorship prizes you are going for (if applicable)
How to enter
Only current students in University or High School who have been accepted to Hack the North are eligible to make submissions. The team members of each project will be verified and any attempts of cheating will result in disqualification for the whole team.
COO, Y Combinator
Engineering Director, Google
Partner, Y Combinator
CTO, Magnet Forensics
General Partner, 1517
Founder, Detroit Water Project
What type of technical challenges did the group deal with? How technically did they dive here?
How unique and innovative is the demo? Can it be found in previous submissions? (http://hackthenorth.com/top-hacks)
How useful is this demo based on the problem they are trying to solve?
How good is the visual design and interaction experience?
Are you blown away by what you see?
The potential for your hack to become a company/startup will receive no special consideration. You are not allowed to use powerpoint/slides during judging, you must demo what you made